In just over a week, the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) online marketplaces will be open to the American public. The signature achievement of Barack Obama’s presidency is days away from coming into fruition, but that doesn’t mean the debate over ACA has come close to subsiding.
As we did last month, Discount Drug Network has put together a list of some of the latest Obamacare news. Some of the articles are informative, some are insightful, and some might at least give you a new perspective on the healthcare debate. We hope you enjoy (and learn something!)
Latest Obamacare News Updates
- Fox News lists who the real winners of the Affordable Care Act are.
- The Washington Times reports that House Republicans have, after dozens of failed votes, successfully voted to defund Obamacare.
- Think Progress shows how Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) plan to push the Democrat-controlled Senate into defunding Obamacare is not feasible.
- Bloomberg reports that the insurance costs of Obamacare won’t be nearly as bad as many people expected.
- An NBC poll shows that many Americans still oppose Obamacare and think that it will be damaging to the American economy.
- 48 million Americans are still uninsured, says Kaiser Health News.
- Mary Agnes Carey of Kaiser Health News answers important questions that seniors on Medicare might have about the Affordable Care Act.
- The Seattle Times tries to answer some of the questions about Obamacare that are bugging you the most.
- Marketplace warns that software problems could cause pricing nightmares for people trying to use the online exchanges.
- In order to help protect you from possible fraud, the government released a PDF file explaining potential hazards you might encounter on the online marketplaces.
Hopefully you learned something from our list of September’s best Obamacare articles. Check our blog regularly for the latest Obamacare news!